Monday, January 24, 2011

Snow Days

I was so excited when my first week of school was canceled due to the snow. Little did I know that I would be stuck at home the whole week with my entire family.  None of them had to go to work that week and once Day 3 of the snow day came, I began to feel restless.  Of course I love spending time with my family but being stuck at home for a week having "family time" started to get very old very fast.  Day 1 of the snow day one of my friends picked me up in his jeep and I saw how bad the roads really were.  Even in his jeep we were sliding all over the place and there were hardly any other cars on the road.  That night we took his dog for a walk and I began to see how bad the roads were getting.  I could barely keep my balance walking in the snow because it was covered with a thick layer of ice.  Of course my friends dog was having a blast running and sliding in the snow/ice. I, on the other hand, couldn't wait to get back to the house. The next day as my friend was driving me home, I saw more cars on the road than the previous day.  The roads were no where near safe though and I knew that I wouldn't be able to leave my house for the rest of the week unless I wanted to walk somewhere.  By Friday I was able to leave my house but was still hesitant because there were still some icy spots on the roads.

Once the week was coming to a close I realized that I wasn't going to have class on Monday either because of Martin Luther King Day.  I was beginning to wonder if this semester was actually going to start at all.  I was a little anxious to see what my classes would be like and just get started with the semester.  My first day of classes started on Wednesday from 9:30-4:45.  I knew it was going to be a very long day because I have an hour commute to school. Once my classes were over on Wednesday I knew this was going to be a very hard semester but I'm ready to take on the challenge.  I have a part time job so I will have to start working a little less to be able to keep up with my school work and studying.  I'm in the process of looking for a summer internship and am set to graduate in December. I can't wait to start a new chapter in my life and see where the road takes me once I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment